wild weddings & elopements in the snowy mountains, upper murray, albury and wodonga region
Do you dream of marrying your love in a way that is unique to you? Are you planning a wedding that is all about what makes your hearts soar?
Maybe it’s a big old party in a deliciously opulent venue or an elopement by the river; whatever your tastes, your wedding can be how you want it to be.
As your celebrant, I’m here to help start your big day on a high note. I will bring the goosebumps, the laughs, the tears and the vibes to ensure that your wedding is one of your Top 5 Life Moments.
We are still fielding compliments from our guests who say she is the best celebrant they have ever seen
Yolande made our day so much more than just a wedding. Her words were felt deep in our soul.
If we could give Yolande more than 5 stars we would. From the moment we first met her it was like we’ve known her forever, we felt so comfortable.
Yolande made our ceremony one of our favourite parts of our day, better than we could have imagined with personal touches and inclusions that made the moment even more special.
a bit about me…
My name is Yolande Szery and I’ve wandered along many meandering paths to land here, as a celebrant in the Snowy Mountains, Australia. I’m energised by meeting new people and am thrilled by the challenge and joy of writing ceremony scripts for excellent couples. And then being there on the day, sharing in that moment of marrying? That is my nirvana!
I love more things and people than I could list, but I would swap oxygen for these; my family, music, cold water swimming and good books. Oh, food. Yes, great food makes the list too.
I am based on the edge of the Snowy Mountains, in the Upper Murray and service a wide region around southern NSW, north-eastern Victoria and the ACT.
Photo: Holly at The Evoke Company
How it works
Like all things, weddings attract a bit of paperwork. I’ll do most of it for you and guide you through the rest.
No two ceremonies are ever the same – you will share with me some choice information about yourselves and I’ll weave it into a totally unique and personal wedding ceremony.
After your ceremony I will go home and submit your marriage documents – you will go forth and CELEBRATE!
♡ all ceremonies include a one-tonne carbon offset through Greenfleet. If I fly for your wedding I will increase the offset.
- 20 – 30 mins
- Tells the story of your love; how it came into being, where it is going, milestones and major moments and all the magic in between.
- Rituals, readings and more
- Applies to weddings or 200 guests or elopements of just 5 – the script and the level of personalisation is the same
Short and sweet
- ~ 10 minutes
- Legal words + a few sweet additions
- 3 minutes (seriously)
- Welcome + legal minimum wording
- You can personalise your vows as much as you like but I’ll be bringing the Barely There vibes
- Choose any ceremony type and hike your way up, down or in.
- Set points along the trail for key parts of the ceremony
- Hike = hike OR kayak OR chairlift OR helicopter OR river float OR you-tell-me
- Tell me your level of fitness, ideal view and desired length of hike
- Together with my bush bloke of a husband, I will find you the perfect location for your nuptials